Call for Papers: 1st Workshop on Wearable Security and Privacy, January 30 2015, Puerto Rico.
New Course in Fall 2014: Sensors, Humans, Data, Apps
Congratulations to Ashwin Mathew for completing his PhD Dissertation "Where in the World is the Internet? Locating Political Power in Internet Infrastructure".
The Virtuous Circle of Wikipedia: Recursive Measures of Collaboration Structures
M. Klein, T. Maillart, J. Chuang. Accepted at 18th ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW'15), March 2015.
My Thoughts are Not Your Thoughts: Robustness of Brainwave Signal Authentication Against Impersonation Attacks
B. Johnson, T. Maillart, J. Chuang.
Workshop on Usable Privacy & Security for wearable and domestic ubIquitous DEvices (UPSIDE'14), ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp'14), September 2014.
One-Step Two-Factor Authentication with Wearable Bio-Sensors
J. Chuang. Workshop on "Who are you?! Adventures in Authentication" (WAY'14), 10th USENIX Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS'14), July 2014.
Government Surveillance and Incentives to Abuse Power
P. Laskowski, B. Johnson, T. Maillart, J. Chuang. Workshop on the Economics of Information Security (WEIS’14), June 2014.
I Think, Therefore I Am:
Usability and Security of Authentication Using
Brainwaves [project page]
J. Chuang, H. Nguyen, C. Wang, B. Johnson. Workshop on Usable Security (USEC'13), Proceedings of the Seventeenth International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security (FC’13), April 2013.
Community-based Web Security: Complementary Roles of the Serious and Casual Contributors
P. Chia, J. Chuang. Proceedings of ACM CSCW,
Loci of Competition
for Future Internet Architectures
J. Chuang. IEEE Communications Magazine, Special Issue on Future Internet Architectures: Design and Deployment Perspectives, July 2011.
Incentive Dynamics in
Interdependent Network Security. Or: Buying a Raft and
Out-Running a Bear
J. Chuang. Plenary lecture, 2nd
International Conference on Game Theory for Networks
(GameNets 2011), April 2011.
Secure or Insure? A Game-Theoretic Analysis of Information Security Games
J. Grossklags, N. Christin, J. Chuang. 17th
International World Wide Web Conference (WWW2008), April
and Contracting Systems: Competition and Innovation
Laskowski, J. Chuang. ACM SIGCOMM, September 2006.
Whitewashing in Peer-to-Peer Systems
Feldman, C. Papadimitriou, J. Chuang, I. Stoica. IEEE
Journal on Selected Areas in Communications,
Vol. 24, No. 5, May 2006.
Projects (Present and Past)
Past Doctoral Students and Postdocs
Selected Professional Activities
- Co-Chair, Joint Workshop on Pricing and Incentives in Networks and Systems (W-PIN+NetEcon 2014)
- Steering Committee, Workshop on the Economics of Networks, Systems, and Computation (NetEcon 2006-Present)
- Conference Chair, 10th ACM E-Commerce Conference (EC 2009)
- PC Co-Chair, 7th ACM E-Commerce Conference (EC 2006)
- Program Committee, Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security (GameSec 2013, GameSec 2012, GameSec 2010)
- Program Committee, 2nd Conference on Game Theory for Networks (GameNets 2011)
- Program Committee, Telecommunications Policy Research Conference (TPRC 2010 and TPRC 2011)
- Program Committee, ACM E-Commerce Conference (EC 2010 and EC 2008)
- Program Committee, International WWW Conference (WWW 2010 and WWW 2008)
- Program Committee, 7th International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems (IPTPS 2008)
- Program Committee, International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development (ICTD 2007)
- Program Committee, ACM SIGCOMM Conference (SIGCOMM 2006)
Office: 303A South Hall (directions)
Office hours: TBD
School of Information
University of California at Berkeley
102 South Hall #4600
Berkeley, CA 94720-4600
The back of my business card (in chinese).