Previously School of Library & Information Studies.
Design of Library Services
***NEW*** Library materials: Paper, microform, database.
College and Research Libraries 49, no. 2 (March 1988): 117-122.
***NEW*** What will collection developers do? (ITAL,
14 (1995): 155-159. pdf.
Different version as Supplement to chap 6 of Redesign of library services.
- M. Buckland. Book Availability and the Library User. Pergamon, 1975.pdf.
- M. Buckland. Library Services in Theory and Context. 2nd ed. Pergamon,
- M. Buckland. Redesigning Library Services. American Library Association,
Management as Bibliography, Bulletin of ASIST, Aug-Sep 2011, 34-37.
- M. Buckland.
The Library Research Unit at the University of Lancaster, 1967-1972:
A Memoir. In: Access, Delivery, Performance: Festschrift . . . Peter Brophy,
ed. by J. R. Griffiths & J. Craven. London: Facet, 2009, pp 7-20.
- The Educational Role of the Library in a Digital Environment:
Part I: Library Reference Resources when Digital.
Part II: Design for Learning.
SALT, Uppsala University, October 2, 2008.
- Democratic theory in Library Information Science.
Letter to Journal of ASIST.
- Reference library service in the digital environment, 2008.
- Redesign of reference service: "Context and relationships"
- Support for the Learner: What, Where, When and Who.
- Grid middleware toolkits for digital libraries and humanities computing,
ECAI/PNC, Taipei, 2004 (.ppt).
- ACLS Commission on Cyberinfrastructure Aug 21, 2004.
- Going Places in the Catalog: Improved Geographical Access.
- Social and Cultural Awareness and Responsibility
In Library... (2001).
- The Heritage of Public Librarianship (2001)
- Five Grand Challenges for
Library Research (2003).
285 Design of Library Services.
- Project on
Searching of Numeric and Textual Resources.
- Library Services in Theory and Context.
(1983, Pergamon; 2nd ed, 1998, out of print, but
- Aspects of access to information.
of Library Goodness. Canadian Library Journal 39, no 2 (April 1982):63-66.
- Redesigning Library Services: A Manifesto.
(American Library Association, 1992, out of print, but available
Also article-length summary.
Also available in Hungarian (Budapest: National Szechenyi Library, 1998);
Japanese (Text Tokyo: Keisoshobou, 1994;
Summary Biblos (Tokyo) 47, no. 6 (June 1996): 15-18.); and
Korean (Seoul: Kumi Trading Co., 1998). Happylibrarian's
Studies in Information Selection.
- NSF / NASA / ARPA
Berkeley Digital Libraries Project.
Metadata: Selecting, Mapping, Using, etc.
or to Michael Buckland's
Revised Oct 15, 2004.