- Office Phone: 510.643.1469
INFO W10: Introduction to Information
- This is the School of Information's first fully web-based course.
- Video Intro
- Course Description
- Fall 2012 Course Website
INFO 237: Intellectual Property Law for the Information Industries (Fall)
INFO 235 / LAW 276.1: Cyberlaw (Spring)
INFO 290: Special Topics in Information
- Spring 2011: Integrative Workshop (with various faculty), Course blog
- Spring 2010: Commons-based Peer Production Course description, CBPP Course Website
INFO 98/198: Digital Berkeley: Making Open Educational Resources
- Spring 2011 Course Website (DeCal Course Facilitated by Renee Carignan & Michael Pruess)
- Fall 2010 Course Website (DeCal Course Facilitated by Matt Senate)
I use this wiki to maintain a list of links to news stories, court decisions, legal briefs, and scholarly articles relevant to the topics discussed in my courses and research. Students in my courses contribute many of these links and may assist in this wiki's maintenance as an assignment.
Final Project Advising
Brian has advised I School students on the following final projects:
- KnowPrivacy, Joshua Gomez, Travis Pinnick, Ashkan Soltani (2009).
- CourtListener, Michael Lissner (2010).
- Masks: Designing for Privacy in Education, Heather Ford, Alex Smolen (2011) (w/ co-advisor Deirdre Mulligan).
- Making Metadata: The Case of MusicBrainz, Jess Hemerly (2011).
- trailmix: Curating Rich Media for Online Education, Tanushree Jindal, Alison Meier, Michael Porath, Jessica Voytek (2011).
- Building a Free, Open Source Legal Citator, Rowyn McDonald and Karen Rustad (2012).